What life should offer, is what should you do?

Basically a blog which is a mixture of anything that comes up in the author's mind. From the technologies that makes his life convenient to the everyday news in his country.

What life should offer, is what should you do?

Thursday, September 03, 2009

(0) Comments

I should sleep at 11PM tonight, but fortunately I've finished a part of my part time job which is enough for today. So I guess I have another 15 minutes to blog anything.

Since, I'm new to my job let's try to evaluate it.

Assumptions:
1.) I thought I would really be a DBA,
2.) Simple, peaceful, quite life - compared to Makati & Alabang
3.) No traffic

Note: My new company is IRRI (International Rice Research Institute)in Los Banos, where green trees abound.

Reality:
1.) I've proposed to develop the new features and convert some existing to eclipse-rcp and they approved it, so I guess it will be challenging. Right now, I'm working on a mobile project, which is really I didn't expect. But I'm enjoying it I just hope they will provide the license softwares :-D. M$ is to expensive.

2.) It's really peaceful here, I leave at 8AM and go home 5PM sharp :D. We don't really have an attendance, but I'm honest with my schedule so I'm sticking in 8 hours work daily (some are not).

3.) So far I'm satisfied, am I really?

-The start.
We'll going back what really brought me here. Almost 7 years when I started college, I've fell in love with the Japanese anime and their culture. Got interested like most of my colleagues, so I started building my collection and I got more and more interested. So I told myself why not dream of working there after graduation. Everything went ok in college and I got a degree of BS Computer Science in University of the Philippines Los Banos, Laguna.

-The first failure
I first applied at Tsukiden, a Japanese company of course. After 2 exams (it's quite hard) and interviews, I got accepted and was passing my requirements. When one day I received a phone call, I got a problem with my lungs, and they don't want me. Even though I got a medical clearance after a month, they said I should rest for at least 5mons?

-The side road
Well, that's quite long, so I was really depressed and constantly thinking what went wrong. Why did it have to happen. But I know I cannot do anything about it, I also know that if I apply in another company in Ortigas or Makati the same thing might have happen again so I applied in a Software company in Carmona - AAMEnterprises. We develop C# applications, and I was assigned to develop backend frameworks. I really enjoy my brief stay in here of 6 months. I don't have a problem with the boss, they have US mindset even though Filipino. We often go out, even today even when I'm already not in the company, I go there from time to time. Sometimes like most recently, I gave a lecture on Java on the company's new staff.

-After 6 months
I applied in another Japanese company, well I really want to be there (in Japan). And I got accepted in Imerge-Online Blue-Eyed Dragon as Software Engineer. We develop using the prototype model, wherein our software specifications were in nihongo. So I was really interested. And after 3 months working I attended a Japanese school after office. I was working 9am-6pm and studying 7pm-10pm, Saturday 8am-12pm sometimes 11pm. I got really tired everyday. Since I was alone in the apartment, I do all things alone. Usually, I wash some of my clothes on Friday evening around 11PM, and brought the remaining home. Well, I don't go to laundry shop those days because I'm very busy.

How's life in there? Since it's in Makati, traffic always.

Cut - I'll continue this some other day :D.

0 Responses to "What life should offer, is what should you do?"

Post a Comment

Contributors