CDC, JNI, Network Information

Basically a blog which is a mixture of anything that comes up in the author's mind. From the technologies that makes his life convenient to the everyday news in his country.

CDC, JNI, Network Information

Thursday, March 27, 2008

(0) Comments

After all these days finally I was able to obtain network information from a java CDC app using ericsson's eclipse plugin via JNI.
What went wrong was I keep on inspecting my code while the sad thing is my java CDC app needs a Location and ReadDeviceData capability but you couldn't blame me I've tried adding caps=Location+ReadDeviceData to the cdcproject.properties file and it didn't work out. Fortunately, a guy named Alain Bergevin told me that me error which was -46 (KErrPermissionDenied) means "... it was caused by calling an API while does not have the required capability. eg. for CTelephony::GetSubscriberId , it need ReadDeviceData capability. Pls check whether the capability is specified in MMP file and the developer certificate with such capability is needed when sign the sis." which forced me to scrutinized the cdc eclipse plugin... and so I've found this file:

%epocroot%epoc32\tools\ppro-custom-launcher\custom-app.bat

from this file I've changed this line:
if "%CAPS%" == "" set CAPS=NONE -> if "%CAPS%" == "" set CAPS=ReadDeviceData+Location

and that's it my project started working properly.

Oh boy it took me some time to get here :-D

0 Responses to "CDC, JNI, Network Information"

Post a Comment

Contributors