A single line of code can make the difference

Basically a blog which is a mixture of anything that comes up in the author's mind. From the technologies that makes his life convenient to the everyday news in his country.

A single line of code can make the difference

Monday, March 31, 2008

(0) Comments

I'm still on developing a java cdc application that will be integrated to JNI to call some native functions responsible in getting network informations. Developing this application I've used 2 eclipse plugin just to test if it is possible. BTW I know it is since I'm testing on SEP990i which is a CDC enabled phone.

Softwares:
0.) Carbide1.2 for the DLL
Plugins
1.) eclipse java-me with ericsson's cdc plugin
2.) IMS SDS4.0 from ericssom

Using Plugin1 I was successful in my objective. I got all the network information but before that see the code before this... I was busy debugging not my application but the plugin itself. Oh boy..

Using Plugin2 I'm 100% sure that my code works so here I am debugging again not my code but the plugin and luckily I got again this line:

rem if "%CAPS%" == "" set CAPS=NONE

I have a haunch that something is wrong here. And yes without failed the plugin continues to surprise me it's what we called a bug a bug that took my precious days away :((.

Well, I've just replace this line with
rem if "%CAPS%" == ""
set CAPS=ReadDeviceData+Location

Just comment the if, it's the source of evil within this plugin hahaha.

At last full scale development up ahead with my project.

BTW it's a location centric application that get's the cell id of the mobile user's, etc,etc.

See just one line of code can make your programming miserable and what's more it's not your code :)).

0 Responses to "A single line of code can make the difference"

Post a Comment

Contributors